Thursday, September 8, 2011

True love stories never have endings. ~Richard Bach





Two of my very dear friends were married this past weekend and it couldn't have been more beautiful, more breathtaking, or more filled with love. Both sets of families and friends came together seamlessly for a grand reception to celebrate the lovely couple. And not going to lie, I cried a little. During my reading. But I couldn't help it!


I was captivated by the wedding/reception site (the doors above led out to the patio) and I took a plethora of photos (the Merion Tribute House). It reminded me very much of our own reception site, Green Gables. (Wow, that's been 5 years) The hydrangeas were a perfect cottage touch and there were multicolored blooms of them everywhere.


One of the lounge rooms where the groom's family waited and later, appetizers and drinks were served, was stunning in its simplicity. I loved the over-sized windows, the comfortable couches, and (even though the walls were ivory) the simple colors combined with the exposed wooden beams. I was practically drooling. Hubby and I took our cake to this room for some quiet later in the evening and I ruminated on how to recreate this room in our house. If only we had the space! Especially for those windows. It really is the perfect place to curl up with a book. Even in overcast weather, the windows let in enough light to still seem cozy and comfy. I'm tempted to, at the very least, have some exposed beams in our house. Perhaps in the foyer. Once we get to it, I'll have to share. Happy September!



No comments:

Post a Comment