Monday, September 26, 2011

"A positive attitude is not going to save you..."

"...What it's going to do is, everyday, between now and the day you die, whether that's a short time from now or a long time from now, that every day, you're going to actually live." ~ Elizabeth Edwards 

I finally found my camera cord! Unbeknownst to my handful of readers, I couldn't find my camera charging cord after the trip to Philly. My battery survived for a few weeks after, but died during our WV trip. Luckily, my iPhone takes photos that aren't completely horrid, so that saved the trip. But that just wasn't going to cut it for me for long. And it's inhibited my picture-snapping tendencies, which impacts my blog posting. I really dislike posting without photos.

Finally, however, I found it in the trunk of the car, buried under blankets and jumper cables. Not quite sure how it got there but I was thrilled to find it. (Clearly, I should have indulged in those moments when I wanted to desperately clean the car over the last few weeks). This photo here (taken with the iPhone) is not very good. But you get the gist. It's a beat-up frame, chipped in places, but mostly solid wood. It was getting tossed at work and I just know I can do something interesting with it.

I began painting it over the weekend (since I was already painting the porches) and I was going to share a finished picture, but I think I'll wait. I'm not happy with how my "antique" look turned out so I need to repaint it. I still need to snap a picture (since the camera is finally charged!) of it's icky look (I will share).

Anyway, I also have another little tiny project in mind that I've sketched up--autumn/Halloween related for a friend's children. I'll be visiting them soon (my first trip to Tennessee!) so I must also work on that this week. And if any of you remember my baby shower project, don't worry....I'm still plodding away at it. Never again will I estimate such a short amount of time for such an involved project. I mean, I can pull some crazy projects out in not-a-lot of time, but this was beyond that. I must have been delusional. But progress is being made and I hope to share pictures...eventually.  I might need a positive attitude just to get all this done!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment