Friday, September 16, 2011

Leaders need to be optimists. Their vision is beyond the present. ~ Rudy Giuliani

Ok, so that didn't last long. I didn't manage to post yesterday BUT in my defense, I essentially work two jobs on Thursdays (my full-time job 7-3:30 and I volunteer at my public library 4-8) and I had out-of-town guests. We went to dinner and chatted until bedtime. It was lovely and I am unapologetic for not writing to you during our gabfest. It's ok, you'll get over it. :)

On to the big news! After a very long push and a sudden need for restructuring, I am now *drumroll* the new Preservation Coordinator for Pitt! My job duties will change slightly, but I was already doing much of the work and will now have more authority to carry it out. And, of course, I do get a nicer office. :) I'm incredibly excited even though the next few weeks are going to be tiring.

I've also been thinking ahead to October (since it's going to be an INSANE month) and I chose my Halloween costume idea yesterday, given that I need to start on it soon. Once I start working on it, I'll post some pictures with hints. For now, all I will say is that it is another recognizable male character (last year, I was the Mad Hatter--Johnny Depp version).

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment