Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A little color is a good thing


My task list needs to get a bit shorter, considering that Hubby and I will be starting on all the outdoor spring projects. So when I'm not catching up on sleep at home, I've been finishing some things up. One is the church hymnal for my aunt. I'm finally nearly complete with the sewing, I just need to choose colors for the endbands (because really, who doesn't want endbands?). The sewing is a little sloppier than I'd like, but it's functional. Now I just need to remember if I round and back it first, or sew endbands first...

I'm also pleased with how my first attempt at guarding signatures turned out. The pages open quite nicely and lie very flat. Especially since it's a hymnal (although I don't think it will be used often), it's nice to see all the musical notes easily.

Finally, I've begun going through some of the photos from our travels (mostly the Philly trip) and I'd forgotten about some of the cool stuff we came across. This is also why I take photos of everything. :) I may share some pictures I took at Longwood Gardens later (I adore flowers so I have a great deal of photos) because the colors came out stunning. I was very worried during the trip because the display on my digital camera didn't seem to reflect the colors I was seeing. I had no idea if my camera was messing up or if it was the display. Luckily, it seemed to be the display because they look gorgeous on my laptop. I also came across a most unusual design for a fake skull. Now that I look at this creativity again, I wish I had bought it! It doesn't exactly fit with the decor of my house, but hey, maybe I could've used it as a prop for jewelry photos. I also wish we had been able to take photos at the Mutter Museum (I know, not preservation-friendly. I of all people should know better). But some of those books bounds in human skin were pretty neat, in an odd way. Especially the one bound with tattooed skin. It would have gone nicely with the Celtic skull!

No comments:

Post a Comment