Thursday, January 28, 2010

I think I'm living proof that women are great multi-taskers...

Wow, this week has been crazy! Work has kept me running, running, running! There are so many things going on, let's see if I can remember everything I wanted to share.

First things first...I noticed yesterday that people from Brazil, Vietnam, India, and Dubai have visited my blog! Whee! Yes, I understand they probably just stumbled on it and won't be back...but still! Hey, I'm just excited that anyone actually reads all my online chatter. :)

Let's see, as for my current projects...I'm still working on the tote bag. The step I'm on right now is the slowest part because it involves the Dremel and sewing (but so far I think it's turning out well). I need to have it done after this weekend for the crafting competition so at least I'll be done yammering on about it!

I also have another opportunity that I am VERY excited about. I recently recalled that when I was a kid, I wanted to illustrate children's books when I grew up. I volunteered to bind a children's story that was written by a young relative. Since it is very short (about a page), I will need to lengthen it out and include illustrations. It will be a surprise gift for her (I think...details still need to be worked out) and I'm hoping she'll enjoy it. And I'll get a chance to do something that I've wanted to, and to see how much I enjoy it! I used to make coloring contests for neighborhood kids but I never actually sketched out a children's book.

My aunt's church hymnal is proceeding VERY slowly (I seem to be putting "very" in caps quite often in this post). I have the signatures guarded and folded, I just need to start marking and sewing. I'll probably try to finish that up once this tote bag is completed. Here's a photo (indoor lighting, sorry!) of some of the guarded pages.

I have a few other projects in the works that I'll give you photographic teases of once I'm farther along. A canvas piece, maybe a jewelry piece, and possibly some sewing? I'm really pleased that I have a sewing machine on hand! (Don't worry, I'll probably mention that in the next ten to fifteen posts) I also just agreed to take part in a college fundraiser so I'll be doing a little bookbinding (hopefully) at some point this year for some more Texas people. I really do enjoy making pretty books and art for people to appreciate, especially when you are binding something so meaningful to them. I almost wish I could see them when they open it!

Winter is also back here in Pittsburgh (we had a nice little reprieve for a while) so I'm fantasizing about spring and summer vacations, working in the yard, and all those outdoor festivals! <---- LOVE the craft ones. Here's hoping I can make our yard as pretty as some of my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment