Monday, November 25, 2013

"Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution..."

"...long after the mood in which it was made has left you."  ~ Cavett Robert

Alright folks, it's time to get my shit together. It's been a fantastic year in many ways, but I've also been feeling...low? disappointed? Not quite depressed but just meh regarding some of the things I used to have time for. And though I enjoy my job, it's not an easy place for upward mobility and new challenges. So I'm in a funk, to be frank.

Having turned 30 this past September (which wasn't a terrible birthday) and following it with an awful month of losing two pets abruptly, I'm ready for some good cheer and new goals.  I am NOT going to call them resolutions because I don't like the New Year's resolution ideas- they are so temporary. These are permanent goals I will always have.

1. Get back to the gym and get in shape again. I haven't belonged to one since the birth of my daughter (and THAT'S been 18 months...) and I really need both the physical workout and the highs from it. I can do yoga at home sometimes but I need a place away from home to stay committed.

2. Get back into blogging again. I never set deadlines or goals for myself, just some projects here and there. But I miss writing and showing some of my crafts. I don't have quite as much time for it and the focus has often shifted to child crafts, but I still enjoy this avenue of sharing.

3. I didn't really have a set goal to do for my 30th birthday or even a written bucket list. I would like to start accumulating little ideas for a bucket list. When I think of them, I'll jot them down (or hopefully write them all here!).

I think that's it for now. I just want to get a little of ME back, you know? Stay tuned for a post on my bucket list and two I've recently accomplished without realizing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment