Sunday, March 17, 2013

"Never iron a four-leaf clover because you don't want to press your luck." ~Anon.

"Mummy, I want to go outside today!" She's itching for warm weather!
Last month, Rory and I had a Mommy and Me day. We visited an indoor play gym (her first introduction to a ball pit, which she loved so much we had to create one at home), had lunch, did a few errands, and then made a BIG mess with finger paint.
Rory enjoying the finger/body paint
I had chosen a word that I wanted to show up after the paint was on, using masking tape to write them out. We picked our (washable) finger paint color, squirted it on, and let her go to town! After letting it dry, I carefully peeled the letters off. And took Rory into the shower to get cleaned up.


We decided to embellish it a little, instead of leaving it blank. And what better theme than St. Patrick's Day? I gathered an odd assortment of supplies from my craft closet to pick and choose what we would decorate with.


And with a little marker here, some fabric and glue there, voila! We have ourselves the perfect St. Patrick's Day decoration or year-round decor (since it could totally fit in with our stuff). I need to attach a proper hanging bar on the back, so for now it's crooked. But I kind of like it that way. Happy St. Patrick's Day!


It's hard to tell, but the two gold shamrocks are actually all glitter. Click the pic to see the details better.


No comments:

Post a Comment