Thursday, June 2, 2011

"If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera." ~Lewis Hine

Yikes! It's been nearly a month! And although I've had ideas and moments where I wanted to post, we were busy traveling and I don't have a smartphone. Hm. Maybe I'll blog more once I have an iPhone, hopefully in July. I have noticed that the wealth of information I share and post on FB could be posted to my blog instead. Really, I just use too many platforms. I post some things on FB, different tweets on Twitter, and long alternate posts on here. Maybe I'm just crazy with numerous personalities?

Sadly, I also cannot post any new pictures because my clunky little digital camera finally bit the dust. I think it was fated to die on our trip to the Outer Banks. On our first full day there, hubby and I went horseback riding. Our guide took a picture of us with it and said, "C'mon guys! Don't you think it's time to get a new camera?" We then joked a little about it but these heavy guy is quite useful. When I bought it in 2005, I was preparing for my second trip to Mexico and I needed something with a great optical zoom, many photographic settings, and one that wouldn't break easily. My Kodak EasyShare Z700 had 4.0 MP (not bad then, but now you can get 14 pretty easily) and was the perfect choice after some research. It made it through two trips to Mexico, lots of sand, road trips galore back in the states, scratches on the back from nail files in my purse (it got really banged up being in my purse all the time), and many videos of our 5 cats. It ate rechargeable batteries like nobody's business and don't even bother with regular Duracells or Energizers. You get maybe 5 minutes with those. Recently, I discovered that the video mode no longer recorded audio. I knew it was on its last legs but the camera part still worked great. It lasted until the next-to-last day during our visit to Cape Hatteras. A tiny splash of surf hit the back and on the front lens. POP! came the noise after and it refused to turn on.

I'm not eager to choose a new camera, but I need one. I can't spend a lot of money on it--I'm still trying to get an amazing DSLR camera, which I've wanted prior to my purchase of the Kodak. I want a good optical zoom, no problems with blurriness, and settings to choose from (close-ups, action shots, etc). Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment