Friday, June 10, 2011

“The most essential gift for a good writer is a built-in, shock-proof shit detector.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Dim lighting but I'm at my favorite place to edit. Can you guess where?
This week my focus has been on editing, editing, editing. I need to get my article done, reviewed, and submitted sometime soon so that I can work on the next writing project I have lined up. I'm a bit behind. (insert a stressed looking face here) With my current writing topic on archives and translation, many thoughts about my previous studies (linguistics, Spanish, Russian, Hebrew...) have been swirling through my head. I'm trying to decide if I want to reapply to the linguistics Master's program at Pitt (I was previously accepted but decided to go ahead with library school instead). I would need to do this this fall because my GRE scores will expire and I REALLY don't want to take those again. But I also have to take a test to prove my fluency in a second language and my Spanish skills are a wee bit rusty. If anyone knows of good events/people/places where I could brush up on my speaking skills in Pittsburgh, I need to find something soon. I'm please that I could take the classes part-time (which means I don't have to worry about my job) and I have four years to complete it.

Also, I've been trying to get back into those blog edits that I keep promising you. Take a look around and you'll notice a couple of changes. I would love to have one big change and just roll it out. But I'm not a professional web designer and I'm trying to feel my way through Photoshop and CSS. So this is what you get! Slow and steady... As always, I'm happy to read suggestions or comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment