Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"There are two ways of being creative..."

"...One can sing and dance. Or one can create an environment in which singers and dancers flourish." ~ Warren G. Bennis

(I'm just looking to make a little girl flourish, not necessarily be a singer or dancer. I DO hope she gets my creative genes though. ;) )

Hello blog. I miss you. I miss having more time for crafty projects but it's been full speed ahead with getting the nursery set up and decorated. Plus we had a nice babymoon to Mexico and then hubby was in the hospital with pneumonia (not from the trip). With the third trimester starting, my energy levels are tanking again so I doubt I'll suddenly get a second wind for writing.

But to keep you all eagerly waiting for more, here is a glimpse of the fabric I'm using for the roman shades in the nursery. I'm about half way done with them and once I get them hung, perhaps I'll share a photo of the room. I'm also using the new sewing machine I got over the holidays, which is AMAZING. It's a simple Janome but when you have two at home already with issues, it's so nice to just be able to sew something without running into problems. And not hand sewing it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment