Friday, April 8, 2011

"They say that time changes things..."

"...but you actually have to change them yourself." ~Andy Warhol

To coincide with spring's arrival, I have a few changes coming to my blog. A big, noticeable one will be evident sometime this weekend. I have a lot of ideas percolating in my head so I don't want to give it away. Another change that you may notice soon is my attempt to post more. Traditionally, I enjoy writing lengthy posts and sometimes this makes it harder for me to post more often, even though I have plenty of ideas. Therefore, beginning sometime next week, I will be embarking on a Blog Blitz (I don't know if this idea already exists out there but I am commandeering it). If you've even read just a couple of my posts, you'll see that I do (as advertised) write about many subjects. Some are personal, some are work-related, craft-related, food, etc. But I think this fails to cover the sheer number of ideas that are popping into my head fairly consistently as well as the numerous on-going projects I have. This Blog Blitz is going to showcase as many of those ideas and projects as possible. In smaller, separate posts. Sounds crazy, I know. And a little bit like spam. But enjoyable spam. Or at least I think so! This also rather serves as a "to-do" list for me. I am still very good about completing projects but I need deadlines. I LOVE deadlines. I work so much better when I have an end in sight from the beginning. And you, my readers, will hold me accountable.

So get your reading glasses all shined up and ready to follow my every move next week. I'm also in the spring changes mood and have finally started hitting the gym again, which helps my mood considerably. I'm still doing yoga at home since my favorite class was changed and I'm trying to fix my left knee. My left leg is weaker than my right leg (possibly also from my sacroiliitis) and I think that's been causing my knee pain when I run or overuse it. Since the doctors couldn't come up with anything, I've been strengthening it on my own and it seems to be helping. I would love to be able to run the 10k Great Race in Pittsburgh in September. But I'll think small...my first goal is a half mile without pain!

No comments:

Post a Comment