Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"In order to change we must be sick..."

"...and tired of being sick and tired." ~Author Unknown

It's my 50th blog post! And I can't think of a better post than to thank everyone for their well wishes for my husband. He was finally discharged after 6 days in the hospital and he's recuperating slowly. The next 3-5 weeks will be tough for him because I know he will get bored. But relax he must. And I fervently hope that this surgery will put his Crohn's into remission, allowing him to eat all the wonderfully spicy foods he loves.

In other news, it's February 1st and despite this months notoriety as being the snowiest month of the year in the 'burgh, spring is right around the corner! Phil the groundhog will be making his prediction tomorrow and I've already brought in (fake) daffodils and tulips to decorate my office. I would love to have real plants and flowers, but alas, due to insects, I can't. We must lead by example in the Preservation Dept! I also have some great projects I'm working on for Valentine's Day, a holiday I usually only take note of by going out to dinner or something. But I'm very excited for it this year. I'll share some pictures soon. Happy February!

No comments:

Post a Comment