Friday, December 31, 2010

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been..."

"...the foresight to know where you're going
and the insight to know when you're going t
oo far." ~Irish Blessing


Well, it's the last day of 2010 and like most others, I'm contemplating the year gone by. One never knows what to expect in the upcoming days, weeks, months, but 2010 was certainly....well, uncertain. There was a lot of laughter, a lot of fun and more downtime than 2009, but with it came its own trials and tribulations., tragic partings, and many many changes. I feel glad that the past few months seem to have flown by, if only because I can't imagine them being any more torturous (dramatic, I know). And please, don't think "here comes the 'why me' whinings." First off, I only whine to my husband. :) Second, my belief in life itself is based on balance. Without the bad, there can be no good. I do experience (more than my fair share) of good and I know that at times there will be unfortunate negative experiences. I have no problem facing them. It's just tough, ya know?

2011 is going to be a year of changes as well, but I think for the positive. We have more travel plans, and (minor) home renovations in the works, and a few other things that you will hear about. I feel in the midst of these changes at the moment, so I expect the first few months won't be any easier than the last. Hubby's surgery is in January and while it will be rough, it's the best thing for him and I can't wait for him to be healthier and happier. It's not always apparent to others, but I find that I'm not too bad at caring for others when they need it, so I know we'll be OK during his recuperation.

Earlier today, I stumbled across my horoscope for 2011. Sometimes I read my horoscope, but I'm not an avid follower. It can be eerily accurate or just downright ridiculous. But I have to say, this one was spot on. As you may have imagined, I'm a Libra (balance!) and my horoscope says (courtesy of Yahoo):

"Oh the lessons you have endured over the course of 2010. You're not the same people- pleasing darling you were a mere 12 months ago. On the contrary darling -- you are in the midst of a powerful process of cultivating the kind of backbone that makes greatness. Thanks to big daddy Saturn you're learning your lessons well in relinquishing laziness, strengthening discipline, and realizing your authority. You're taking yourself more seriously in the arenas where it matters most. (Read: career and getting paid what you're worth.)

Relationships bring plenty of passion, drama and unexpected plot twists especially during the spring. By the time May rolls around you'll be dealing with an unprecedented amount of planetary energy firing up your relationship sector. With six planets including Venus, your ruler and Jupiter, the planet of abundance lining up in your partnership sector you'll be anything but lonely. The challenge lies in staying true to your own needs without getting lost in the persuasive me-me-me demands of your significant others.

Although some of Saturn's lessons will weigh in on a heavier note and perhaps depriving you of any former easy-outs or shortcuts, you have the uncanny ability to take it all in stride. There's something to be said for the inherent Libran laid-back approach to life's challenges. But under current planetary duress you may join the ranks of the stressful millions in your quest for regaining inner peace and unshakable equilibrium. Forever striving for that elusive balance, you're being put through the cosmic ringer when it comes to finding and holding your own with others. But you will get there Libra -- just you wait and see!"


The description of this past year was quite spot on and the positive spin on 2011 (though not without its own amount of work) gives me renewed hope that things will get better. I'll keep trudging along.

Some people are probably planning their New Year's Resolutions, but I don't believe in them. Not to sound arrogant but I'd rather make a life decision instead of one that may last a week or two if I'm lucky. I know myself well enough to know that any resolutions I may come up with won't last long. I need to really put thought and planning and baby steps into any new goals. And New Year's is definitely not a time for me to start something! It's time for me to take a break and start the new year refreshed, not trying to change myself in a myriad of ways.

I hope those of you that are celebrating the new year's arrival will have a splendid time and do it safely. As for me, my annual house party will begin tomorrow evening and last roughly two days. I'm off to continue cleaning toilets like a good little hostess, because really, if people might be up all night puking their guts out from the over-consumption of alcohol, it's only decent of me to provide a clean toilet to hug.


I'm dedicating 2011 to friends and family and I leave you with this Irish toast:

There are good ships,
and there are wood ships,
The ships that sail the sea.
But the best ships, are friendships,
And may they always be.

May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment