Thursday, September 10, 2009

Arts & Crafts time!

I've been wanting to post a new update for over a week now but work and home have been extremely hectic. I'm trying to interview and hire several student workers for the lab, plus training the ones that are starting. Needless to say, this is taking up a lot of my time and energy, especially considering that a great deal of what I do is done without assistance from other staff members. That's another tirade I will not get into.

At home, we've been trying to finish up some little things here and there in the attic remodel while our houseguests are temporarily away (it was more of a vacation for us than our actual vacation was!). The window seats are almost complete which makes me really excited. In addition, I am trying to finish the various arts and crafts projects that I have committed to donating to my aunt's church auction in early October. I am working on a book set (handbound of course) which includes a large sketchbook, a very thick journal, and two small notepads. The sewing is pretty easy but I also just attempted my first endband sewing on the journal and it turned out pretty nice! I'm eager to try the different types of endbands now. I'm also in the midst of knitting a scarf (hopefully I can complete two), creating some pieces of jewelry, and creating three pieces of decoupage collage (mixed media) on canvas. I'm super excited about the last one because it's one of my favorite art mediums.

I am also thrilled to be creating these pieces for the auction because it gives me an excuse to finally set a name to my little arts and crafts business, plus make business cards to include with them. Now's the chance to get the word out! I'm eager to post pictures and show what the business card will look like, etc. I'll wait until I have it all together though. I'm also trying to get my website off the ground soon so that it can be included with this. I have an Etsy storefront that I will be utilizing though for my crafts. I definitely need to get a lot of work done on things this weekend!

Hubby and I will be going to the Pittsburgh Irish Festival this weekend and I'm thrilled (I'm trying to use other words besides "excited"!) because both Ceann and Gaelic Storm will be here this year (last year Ceann didn't attend). Plus I think there will be more vendors and we all know how I love my shopping....Ooh, and soda bread! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment